Americanism Elementary School Poster Contest
Poster due to chapter by February 1st
The National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) invites all 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students interested in the American Revolution to participate in the Americanism Elementary School Poster Contest. The contest is open to public school, parochial, home schooled, Scouting, or Children of the American Revolution member students in that same grade range. This contest is run through the local Texas SAR Chapter.
The local Chapter shall collect all posters and judge them in a local contest. Chapter level prizes are set by and distributed by the Chapter. Each Texas SAR Chapter may forward one poster per 50 posters that they judge to be judged at the State level.
State level prizes are as follows: 1st Place - $300 Cash; 2nd Place - $200 Cash; 3rd Place - $150 Cash; 4th and 5th Place - $100 Cash. The winner of the State level contest will be forwarded to be judged at the National level. National prizes are set and distributed by the National Society.
The topic for 2023 - 2024 year’s contest is:
"Revolutionary War Event"
Posters will be judged by the following criteria:
- Does the poster express the annual theme?
- Does the poster show originality by the student?
- Does the poster show evidence of research?
- Does the poster show artistic merit and creativity?
- Does the poster accurately reflect the historical event?
- Is the poster neat and visually pleasing?
Instructions to participants:
- Poster will be on standard poster board (22" x 28")
- Any media of drawing material may be used, and students may paste unpublished material (not commercially printed) on their boards.
- No three dimensional posters will be accepted.
- No group project posters. Each poster must be done by one individual student.
- All entries must have the following information taped to the back of the poster:
Student's Name, Address, Home Telephone, Age, Grade, Name of School, Name of Teacher, and Sponsoring SAR Chapter. The front of the poster must not be signed.
Instructions to Chapter:
The National Entry Form and parental consent form need to be in the hands of the contest chairman by March 1st. Each Chapter will be responsible for bringing their winning poster to the Texas SAR Annual Meeting. If you cannot attend send poster to:
Texas SAR Americanism Poster Contest Chairman Wayne Courreges at: Poster@texassar.org
SAR Chapter representative – mailing instructions are available on the private Texas SAR site by clicking here.